Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Run Happy

a few weeks ago, these cute boys and i ran the color run.
{randi and her friend were supposed to run too...
but, poor randi got sick}.
this was my third color run, cade's second and connor's first.
{why do they look so much cleaner than i do}?

this was the "mosh pit" you can enter upon finishing the race.
those boys did not want to leave!
{in case you were wondering...no. the powder does not hurt your eyes. it is an all natural powder}.

they loved it.  cade is a great running partner.  although, he needs to learn to pace himself.
he takes off on a sprint!


the race took place at tempe town lake.  it was a gorgeous day.

this summed up the morning perfectly.
{actually. it sums up me. in a nutshell}.

and...on valentine's day, i ran in my third half marathon within ten months.
{the lost dutchman marathon}.
i was hoping to beat my time from santa barbara but, i didn't.
i was TWO minutes slower.
and, it really bummed me out.
i was mad at myself.  i blew off training.  i kept telling myself,
"you've got this.  you're in good enough shape.  no problem".

well, i didn't have it.
note to self:  when you want to run 13.1 miles in under two hours AND you are approaching 43...you better get your butt on the trail and log some miles.

with all that said...
i still ran the whole race. {never any walking for me}.
i finished in the top half.
i have another bib to put on my wall.
and, i got a shiny, new medal.


{results: 259th out of 718 runners.  102nd out of 412 female runners.  
24th out of 63 / 40-44 year old female runners}.

and, i'm grateful to be healthy enough to run each day.
so, i will continue to run happy.
always.

No comments: