Friday, January 29, 2021

Be A Good Human - September 2019

"No matters what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind."

The other day, Cade and I were at the grocery store. As we were approaching the checkout there was a nice, older man giving out samples of his salsa that he sells in stores. Cade and I both sampled, chatted with him and bought a jar. As we moved to the line Cade continued to watch. The gentleman would greet everyone with a friendly smile and ask if they would like a sample. I watched as my 15 year old keenly observed people. One woman rudely declined the free sample. I just looked the other way and began unloading groceries on the conveyer belt. Cade kept watching. As we were walking to the car Cade said, "could you imagine being such a shitty human being? Would it have killed her to take a sample? She didn't even say 'no thank you'. She was so rude." I smiled. Although I may not have been thrilled with his word choice, he was so right. This 15 year old person with a kind soul was more in tune with people and the human spirit than that middle aged woman.

The greatest thing I can do in this life is to be a good person and raise good human beings. (So far so good).  I have two teenagers that I actually like. (I know we all love our kids, but don't lie...there are moments when we may not like them)! Mr. C and I were talking the other day and I said, "we have pretty kids. I actually like them and enjoy being in their company." I really do. They make me laugh. I love watching them grow into young adults. They are maturing and growing from their decisions (good or bad). My heart swells when I see them being a good human being and when they recognize the grown adults who are being sh*tty ones.

"Being a good person doesn’t depend on your religion, your race or your skin color or your culture. It depends on how good is your heart and how good you treat others.” Anonymous

(Cute jacket from ThredUp. Jumper from H & M)

xoxo