Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Windy City

 


A few months ago, Bob and I braved the cold of Chicago! For Christmas, we gave him tickets to the Suns/Bulls game in Chicago!! I had never been and he hadn't been in 20+ years. It was cold, but fabulous!


On our last morning, I went for a walk down to the lake. It was glorious! Miles and miles of trail around the snowy lake. People were out with dogs, running, walking and chatting with friends. Very much a happy place!



One day, we went to the top of the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower). The views were amazing and the sky deck was... creepy!

It was surprisingly very scary to walk out on that glass deck. I knew it was safe, but still creepy!


My love. We had such a great time. On our last day we had a private tour guide. She was the owner of her tour company and had worked for Rick Steves in Italy! She was a native and had so much insightful info about Chicago. We went all over the city. Spent half of the time walking and half driving.





Outside the Bulls arena. We headed to the arena early, only to find out we had the time wrong, so we were EXTRA early. We waited outside in the freezing temps for about 45 minutes! Brrrr!!!! Once inside, we grabbed some hot dogs and sodas and found our (really good) seats! It was so much fun! Suns won! The fans were nice, food was good, entertainment was great! Fun experience.

Chicago had very strict COVID rules in place. Masks had to be worn and vaccination cards had to be shown EVERYWHERE! It was a bit ridiculous, but we had our cards and followed the rules.

I loved the city! I have always been a big fan of SF and I like NYC, but I think Chicago has moved to the front of the favorites category. I loved how clean it was and all of the open spaces. The history and architecture were breath taking and the food was scrumptious!  And I really loved being away with MR. C for 4 days!!!

xoxo